CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SELLERS
1. Commission Rates are 15% of hammer price, plus £2.00 per lot for insurance, plus £6.50 lotting fee per lot.
2. The seller must confirm that they are the sole owner of all lots or have authority from the owners that these items can be sold or that they are the executor or administrator of the estate from which the items may be sold.
3. The seller must check all reserves and if no reserves are given then notify the auctioneers should a reserve be required.
4. All reserves have 10% discretion unless a fixed reserve is specifically agreed by the auctioneer in which case the reserve should be marked with an asterisk.
5. Where no reserve is given the auctioneers reserve the right to sell the item at their discretion to the highest -bidder or at a price the auctioneer sees fit.
6. The seller may be paid in cash or by cheque, in the latter case cheques will be sent out within 30 days of the sale. Payment will not be made until the goods have been paid for.
7. In the event of goods not being paid for twenty days after the sale the auctioneers may take steps necessary to recover the purchase price, (this could include debt collection, re-sale or legal action) dependent on the -circumstances.
8. Where transport is arranged the transport fee is to be paid by the seller to the transport contractor.
9. Where an item is unsold and the vendor fails to provide new instructions or collect the item, the auctioneers -reserve the right to sell or dispose of such items at the expense of the vendor. It is the responsibility of the Vendor to contact the Auctioneers with regard to any possible unsold items.
10. Should an item be withdrawn from a sale once the advert or catalogue has been produced the auctioneers reserve the right to charge the normal sale commission on the reserve or estimated price.
11. If any lot is an asset of the seller’s business the seller must notify the auctioneers whether he is registered for VAT and if so his VAT registered number or if he intends to operate the VAT used Goods Scheme.
12. Talat Auctions makes every effort to achieve the best auction results for our sellers, however, we make no guarantees as to any potential future resale value on any items sold by us on our sellers' behalf. Talat Auctions accepts no responsibility for any potential future resale value of items sold by us on our sellers' behalf.
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR BUYERS
1. All buyers will be invoiced within 24 hours of the end of the auction. Payment is required within 24 hours of invoicing. All funds must be cleared before goods are released.
2.We request that all purchases are collected immediately after the sale. If you require us to store the items for you, this can be arranged for a fee with a member of staff.
3. Only following payment (cleared funds) and collection of the purchased item(s) is the purchase contract deemed to be completed. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure both payment and collection are arranged in a period of time following the sale date of no more than 14 days.
4. Should the buyer be unable to conform, they must obtain approval prior to purchase.
5. Talat Auctions reserves the right to charge for storage and associated costs for non-payment/collection that exceed the 14 day allowance. Storage charges will be levied at a rate of £5.00 + VAT per lot per day. All amounts accrued up to the date of collection must be paid before goods are released.
6. If the buyer has failed to collect within a period of 28 days (from sale date), Talat Auctions reserves the right to re-enter the uncollected items through auction, to recover the cost of storage and associated costs. At this time the buyer relinquishes all claims to ownership and any right to financial compensation.
It is the responsibility of buyers to familiarise themselves with our Terms & Conditions before entering into a legal contract.