CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SELLERS
1. Commission Rates are 10% of hammer price.
2. The seller must confirm that they are the sole owner of all lots or have authority from the owners that these items can be sold or that they are the executor or administrator of the estate from which the items may be sold.
3. The seller must check all reserves and if no reserves are given then notify the auctioneers should a reserve be required.
4. All reserves have 10% discretion unless a fixed reserve is specifically agreed by the auctioneer in which case the reserve should be marked with an asterisk.
5. Where no reserve is given the auctioneers reserve the right to sell the item at their discretion to the highest -bidder or at a price the auctioneer sees fit.
6. Sellers will be paid by bank transfer no later than 30 days after the sale and payment being received. For other forms of payment please discuss with Talat Auctions.
7. Where transport is arranged the transport fee is to be paid by the seller to the transport contractor.
8. Where an item is unsold and the vendor fails to provide new instructions or collect the item, the auctioneers -reserve the right to sell or dispose of such items at the expense of the vendor. It is the responsibility of the Vendor to contact the Auctioneers with regard to any possible unsold items.
9. Should an item be withdrawn from a sale once the advert or catalogue has been produced the auctioneers reserve the right to charge the normal sale commission on the reserve or estimated price.
10. If any lot is an asset of the seller’s business the seller must notify the auctioneers whether he is registered for VAT and if so his VAT registered number or if he intends to operate the VAT used Goods Scheme.
11. Talat Auctions makes every effort to achieve the best auction results for our sellers, however, we make no guarantees as to any potential future resale value on any items sold by us on our sellers' behalf. Talat Auctions accepts no responsibility for any potential future resale value of items sold by us on our sellers' behalf.
CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR BUYERS
1. Buyers will be charged a premium at 15% of the final hammer price. Additional charges apply to online bidding. Full terms & conditions are available on the relevant websites.
2. All buyers will be invoiced within 24 hours of the end of the auction. Payment is required within 24 hours of invoicing. All funds must be cleared before goods are released.
3.We request that all purchases are collected immediately after the sale. If you require us to store the items for you, this can be arranged for a fee with a member of staff.
4. Only following payment (cleared funds) and collection of the purchased item(s) is the purchase contract deemed to be completed. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure both payment and collection are arranged in a period of time following the sale date of no more than 14 days.
5. Should the buyer be unable to conform, they must obtain approval prior to purchase.
6. Talat Auctions reserves the right to charge for storage and associated costs for non-payment/collection that exceed the 14 day allowance. Storage charges will be levied at a rate of £5.00 per lot per day. All amounts accrued up to the date of collection must be paid before goods are released.
7. If the buyer has failed to collect within a period of 28 days (from sale date), Talat Auctions reserves the right to re-enter the uncollected items through auction, to recover the cost of storage and associated costs. At this time the buyer relinquishes all claims to ownership and any right to financial compensation.
8. It is the bidder's responsibility to know what they are bidding on and to ensure that they are satisfied with the condition & overall description of any lot on which they bid. If you have any questions, queries or concerns regarding any lot then YOU MUST CONTACT TALAT AUCTIONS PRIOR TO BIDDING. We are willing to answer any questions and provide any additional photographs to the best of our ability. All bids are considered binding and any failure to pay for or attempt to return any lot won by accepted bid will be recorded as a failure to complete the transaction with online bidding platforms being notified.
It is the responsibility of buyers to familiarise themselves with our Terms & Conditions before entering into a legal contract.